Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Off we go; Alaska Boardroom

Our car picked us up on schedule at 5:30am this morning. I didn't even need the alarm; my body came wide awake at 4:15am, excited for this trip. However, as the last of the luggage was loaded into the car, and Leslie had completed a couple of freak outs ("OMG. Did I remember the Kindle???!! Oh yes, there it is....OMG, did I remember my makeup???? Ok..got it."), it was time to hug and kiss the kids. Liam, our youngest put up a brave front, but when I kissed and hugged him tight to say goodbye, I could see the precursor to tears glistening in his eyes. I'm going to miss them terribly!


Leslie starting her new book in the Alaska Board Room lounge.


Right now, Leslie and I are passing the time before our flight in the Alaska Airlines Board Room. It's their version of the airport lounge. It's fine for a domestic airport lounge. They offer toast and bagels, coffee and juices. Later in the day (perhaps even now, I've not checked), they offer complimentary cocktails, beer and wine. It's a comfortable enough (and quiet) place to wait for a flight. However, the amenities offered are little compared to the big flagship home city lounges of the international carriers. I'll share some of that experience from Hong Kong.


First Floor of the Seattle Alaska Airlines Board Room Lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment